Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ordering Eggs

Legit question: Does anyone really know how to order eggs at a restaurant? Because I always order scrambled. And tonight I was making eggs for my supper and I realized that I don't scramble my eggs when I make them myself. So then I realized that I know nothing about the incredible edible egg, and I know everything, so this was a shock. I just had to know more!

I then proceeded to google this inquiry, and came up with some interesting schtuff. Apparently according to some internet idiot there are 21 ways to order an egg but they did not inform me of these ways so I just collected some random ones. Obviously there is scrambled and sunny side up which sounds utterly gross and runny. There are hard-boiled and soft-boiled eggs, and then there are poached and eggs in the form of an omelet. THEN there are over-easy, over-medium, and over-well, which is kind of like ordering a steak but instead of the amount of redness it's the amount of runniness, and I'm proud to say I make mine over-well! (For Cari: vändstekta ägg med pickad gula!!) Obviously over-well is much easier to say.

But I am just so excited I know this now! New days are always full of new random facts to explore!

So the next time I go to IHOP I am going to be a pro and say "Excuxez-moi, but I would NOT like my eggs scrambled. I would like them over-well!!" (note the French accent referring to previous post)

Hopefully all you loyal readers can find your dream eggs too!

-sara

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I work in a restaurant at breakfast and I don't even know how eggs should be ordered. Thank you.