Friday, December 31, 2010
I took a small break from Germany to come to my oasis AKA Sweden! It gets darker even sooner here than it does in Germany. But being here makes me want to a) jam to Basshunter, b) eat some meatballs, and c) dye my hair blonde, of which I will probably accomplish the first two. We'll see about the hair.
I can't believe a new year is just around the corner. Less than 10 hours away here. 2010 has been the best year yet with a lot of learning experiences. I'm sure 2011 will be even better.
LIVE OUT LOUD!
Sunday, November 21, 2010
I went to the opera last night at the Theater am Goetheplatz. Seeing Mozart in the original language is somehow.... pimpin'. Let me just say I had some interesting experiences with the public transportation on the way there with my friend Florian but it is all good, all good. And of course the night would not be complete without going to the bar with our music teacher. I mean come on. IT'S NORMAL, PEOPLE! Friday night I went to the disco (because when don't I do that) and I got to ride on the back of a bike and holy moly, did I think I was going to die.
There are so many other bashing things I wish I could write, believe me. But I don't know who is reading this and I don't vant ze Gehmanz to zink I em engry wis zem.
Shoutout to my Brötchen with jam.
Xoxo GOSSIP GIRL... Sara
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Kevin is cool. We didn't even talk for like the first two weeks I was at camp and then one day we were dumping (really good) food off of our plates and he told me he liked my butt. ? Then I found out he likes boys. A lot. But nevertheless we remained inseparable. Kevin is from California and speaks fluent French. He spent a year in Belgium and is going there next week but alas, I cannot come along. Kevin is a really good dancer. He sweats a lot when he dances but it's okay. He likes coffee in the afternoon and long walks on the beach and hanging out with old guys named Gerd. But don't we all....
This past month has been difficult without Kevin always making ridiculous comments about me. I have been forced to meet actual Germans. Which has been nice. But this weekend will be epic as Kevin and I will be reunited. Then he can teach me about all of his scientific security systems and Gollum.
I don't really know if anybody found this post interesting. But I sure do. Here are some fotoz 4 ur viewing pleazure.
Kevin and me, being cool cats
Kevin really likes polka dot umbrellas. And girls. This photo was taken in Halberstadt. Time of my life. They didn't have good peaches there. I wonder how many times I can lie in a photo caption. No times, that's how many.
I randomly got this off of Facebook! Isn't he a cutie? Yeah. I would say so. I think one day we might even be godparents to Kathryn's babies... but we're spontaneous and don't like to plan ahead for these things.
Hahahah I like Facebook creeping. And I like Kevin. The end.
Saturday, August 14, 2010
How to Drive People Nuts
1. Wash out a gas can, punch a hole in it, then fill it with water and carry it down a busy lunch-hour sidewalk while smoking the biggest cigar you can find.
2. Call the Q-tips 800 number and say that one of the cotton swab parts just came off in your ear. When they reply, keep shouting, "What? What? What did you say?"
3. Go to the polar bear enclosure at the zoo and shout, "C'mon Larry, enough's enough! Take off that costume and come back to the office!"
4. Fill an inflate-a-date with helium and release it at rush hour on a windy day. Chase it down the street, yelling, "Come back here, you tramp!"
5. In the middle of the night, noisily bury a fully dressed mannequin in your backyard. Arrange lawn furniture on the fresh mound and sit down in it quickly when the police arrive.
6. Get a video camera and microphone and chase a local TV news crew around. Interrupt on-the-scene shots by shouting questions like "Where have all the cowboys gone?"
7. Ask strangers if they have change for a nickel.
8. In the bathroom at work, utter loud, pain-wracked screams, then emerge holding a large hen's egg.
PAHAHA okay sorry I thought they were funny.
I leave in the morning for Germany. We'll see how this goes. I also never wrote my letter to Zac Efron, so maybe I'll just have to find some hot Germany celebrity to stalk.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
1. Old CD's, including Aaron Carter's "Oh Aaron" and a Jessica Simpson single. Featuring Lil Bow Wow. Also, all the basics including, Britney's "Hit Me Baby One More Time" and her self-proclaimed album "Britney" with the hit "I'm a Slave for You"... very sexual for a 10-year old to be listening to, wouldn't you say? The original Backstreet Boys album is still my favorite, though.
2. Hit Clips. If you don't remember what those were, you are NOT missing out. Pre-mp3 player mini keychain unnecessary item that you put little square microchips into with photos of artists such as Hilary Duff. It played like a minute clip of a song and cost like 3 bucks. WASTE OF MONEY. Personal favorite: Independent Woman I by Destiny's Child. "All the women who are independent, throw yo hands up at me. All the honeys who makin' money and wastin' it on Hit Clips, amputate your hands and throw them up at meeeee."
3. The Babysitter's Handbook. I've always wanted to know how to spoon feed infants. Because I definitely needed to know how to do that at age 12. WHO WOULD LEAVE THEIR INFANTS WITH A 12-YEAR-OLD?
4. Is it lipstick? No, it's a pen. Discreetly disguised as lipstick. Muahahaha.
5. All of my school supplies from middle school and high school. I was SUCH a hoarder. I'm surprised TLC did not come busting down my front door.
-Exhibit 5a. 20+ issues of our beautifully crafted middle school newspaper, the Cedar Street Journal. LMS was definitely a happening place. I did find out that I got a I- on my vocal solo in 8th grade. Clearly, I was not as good as Annika, John, or Zach though, who all got a 1+. Shuckydarns. It mattered that much.
-Exhibit 5b. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's Punky Brewster's tamed dragon! True title to an essay written by Weston, Kristen, Kendra, and me in middle school.
6. Second grade memory book. "My teacher's name is Mrs. Heitschmidt. I like her because she doesn't get mad that much and she's pretty." Also sounds like a description of Sarah Palin...if only life were so simple.
7. I found out that I hated working with other children even in fourth grade. I wrote on something that I hated reading teams. I bet Jordan was on my reading team. Sorry.
8. Discovery: I have gotten worse at art over my lifetime. And I sucked before.
9. Book I wrote and illustrated: "Girls Incorporated." Something about malls and smoothies. Like Sarah Dessen on meth.
(Why are all of my creepy allusions to famous people named Sarah? Ehhhh...don't name your kid that.)
Welp anyways, that was just a little bit of my fun journey. I also found a journal dedicated to Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson. If anyone cares.
So I decided that today, I was going to write some fan mail to my favorite celebrities. Seeing as Bo Burninghambutt is out of the question after last year's attempt to contact him, I chose my other two favorites: Zac Efron and Lady Gaga. Seeing as I can't find an address for Lady Gaga, looks like I will be writing to Zac. He rocks.
PS I leave on Sunday. Yikesizzle.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Here is a little diddy I just now composed (sung to the tune of....anything you wish)
When you come to my blog and you read what I write
Take a moment to comment, but not out of spite
Because if you do so I will hunt you down
And make you sit in the mud so your butt turns brown
'Cause I've got bacon and that's all I need
Well besides cats, or nutrition labels to read
I like to hear what you have to say
So give me something jolly to make fun of todayyyyy
This is what lack of sleep does to me.
And not that I don't approve of the kittycatz on the new Quiznos commercials, but I seriously miss those old spongmonkeys....
It's amazing what all you can find on YouTube.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Today at work, Andrew and I had a novel idea. What changes would our world face if someone concocted a type of pill that could replace sleep? What if you never got tired? Would our society see a more fast-paced lifestyle, accomplishing more tasks and having more fun? Or would more time be wasted? It's really interesting to think about.
A typical conversation in these living conditions:
Mother: Stop playing the PS27, it's time for bed!
Child: WHAT IS BED?!?!?!?!?!?!
Not really. But really. Would you have a bed? Could Young Money make your bed rock? Serious question.
Everybody reading this knows what lolcats are, right? I thought you did. Everyone know what lolspeak is? I thought you did, as well. I am not going to go into a lesson on this so if you don't know I suggest you Google it or pull a Benjamin Button to close the generation gap. Now here is my genius idea:
She's fun! She's flirty! She's fabulous! She's a smartass! She's....OHAI KITTEH. Tell me what you think.
And to my reader from Estonia, since I apparently have one of those (whadahexup): Ühest keelest ei piisa kunagi. 4eva.
I'm out. Love, peace, Swedish accent cheese
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Just thought I would share :) I gotta think of some funny stuff to write about...the list is starting NOW.
Peace out, girl scout.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Friday, April 30, 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Monday, April 5, 2010
1. I don't care if you're the nicest guy ever; do NOT sit on the bench by the carts at Wal-Mart and just watch people. Elementary school children: perfectly acceptable. Middle-aged ex-hippies with gray hair and creepy pedophile eyes: no.
2. If you are wearing a shirt with a lot of writing on it, which you were, you have to expect people to stare at you for a second trying to read what it it says. It comes with a territory. Wearing a shirt with a lot of writing on it about Chuck Norris, which is what you did, will get you double the staring time.
3. If you look in the mirror and the figure staring back at you looks like he belongs on a porch with a washing machine in Arkansas sitting on an old recliner with a shotgun, something needs to be changed.
4. Go watch The Simple Life reruns on YouTube for the rest of your life so I never have to see you again. But you probably already do that anyways.
Caitlin and I watched the Simpsons season 1 last night! (Until I fell asleep.) Here is a recent clip from Hulu I found entertaining.
The Simpsons | MySpace Video
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Sorry. I couldn't contain my excitement for the love of my babychild.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Cranberry juice is known to have various health benefits. These include:
Cranberry juice may help prevent and relieve the symptoms of urinary tract infections by primary and secondary means. The primary means works on the bacteria directly by altering the molecular structure of the fimbriae on the virulent strains of the bacteria that cause the infections. The secondary means works indirectly on the bacteria by changing the intravesical pH (the pH of the bladder's contents) making it more acidic.
Cranberry juice is high in oxalate, and has been suggested to increase the risk for developing kidney stones, although more recent studies have indicated it may lower the risk.